Updated: Jun 9, 2020
Bring home your favorite Italian meal appetizer
2 ripe Italian tomatoes
3 scallions/green onions/spring onions
French bread baguette
1/4 of a red onion
White wine vinegar
Sprig of fresh basil
and have some salt handy
Preparation time: 20 mins
1) Dice up the tomatoes, green onions, red onion and fresh basil and place in a bowl and toss.
2) Pour a cap full of vinegar on the mixture and two cap fulls of olive oil and gently sprinkle some salt (less than a teaspoon) and set a side.
(ensure the ratio of vinegar and oil is to your liking to taste)
3) Slice up the cube of cheese in squares close to 2"x2" inches in size.
4) Slice up the baguette bread on an angle about an inch thickness is size.
5) Take a cookie sheet, cover with oven paper or foil and place each bread on the sheet separately. Sprinkle some olive oil on each of the breads with the cap as per the video.
6) Place the cheese on the breads and place the breads with the cheese under the broil for about 1-2 mins (or until cheese is gently melted)
7) Remove breads from oven and place the mixture on each and serve.
You can always add some feta cheese on top if you like or simply enjoy the appetizer with some grapes and wine.
Hope you like the dish!!
1,321 views0 comments